58g per serve
19g per serve
9g per serve
3.1g per serve
I developed this alternative version of Giouvetsi as my other half isn't very keen on tomato-based sauces. I replaced the tomato sauce with a sauce she uses with chicken which is made with sour cream and pesto. It has proved a big hit.
For first stage
dicethe onion and crushthe garlic
- Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into the casserole dish until the bottom of the dish is just covered.
- Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Add ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp Cajun spice and garlic
chopthe chicken breasts in half (small breasts) or thirds (large breasts) and coat them thoroughly in the oil/spice mix.
- Spread the chicken evenly around the dish and add the water. The water should cover ⅔ or a touch more of the chicken.
- Add the onion
- Cook for 15mins in oven at around 190C. The chicken should appear white.
- While chicken is cooking, mix the milk, sour cream and pesto together
For second stage
- After 15 mins add the milk-cream-pesto mix. The chicken should now be submerged and the dish should be fairly full. Aim to keep it low enough to move it without spilling, add more water if it's too low.
- Return to oven for additional 30 minutes.
For third stage
- After 30 mins remove from oven, and add the pasta.
- Stir in evenly. Cover dish with lid or kitchen foil
- Return to oven for final 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove cover, stir the mixture to mix the surface oil into the body of cooked pasta.
- If the pasta isn't quite cooked through add a small quantity of water, stir in, replace cover and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- For first stage
- 500g skinless boneless chicken
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- For second stage
- 400ml sour cream
- 200ml milk
- 190g basil pesto
- For third stage
- 450g Orzo
- Chopping board
- Large oven-proof casserole dish
- Lid for dish, or kitchen foil
Some of the photos show the dish being made for 2 people with half quantities
- Serving size: 511g
- (45% / 57%) Calories: 1132kcal
- (105%)Total fat: 58g
- (95%) Saturated fat: 19g
- (94%) Unsaturated fat: 33g
- (55%) Cholesterol: 165mg
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- (36%)Total carbohydrates: 108g
- (30%) Sugars: 9g
- (64%) Fibre: 16g
- (102%)Protein: 51g
- (61%) Sodium: 1.2g
- (34%) Potassium: 1.2g