16g per serve
3g per serve
6g per serve
2.9g per serve
I developed this alternative version of the traditional Greek Giouvetsi by adding Cajun spice to give the recipe a bit more zing.
For first stage
dicethe onion and crushthe garlic
- Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into the casserole dish until the bottom of the dish is just covered.
- Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Add ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp Cajun spice and garlic
chopthe chicken breasts in half (small breasts) or thirds (large breasts) and coat them thoroughly in the oil/spice mix.
- Spread the chicken evenly around the dish and add the water. The water should cover ⅔ or a touch more of the chicken.
- Add the onion
- Cook for 15mins in oven at around 190C. The chicken should appear white.
- While chicken is cooking, blend the chopped tomatoes. The mixture should be an easy to pour liquid
For second stage
- After 15 mins add the tomato. The chicken should now be submerged and the dish should be fairly full. Aim to keep it low enough to move it without spilling, add more water if it's too low.
- Return to oven for additional 30 minutes.
For third stage
- After 30 mins remove from oven, and add the pasta.
- Stir in evenly. Cover dish with lid or kitchen foil
- Return to oven for final 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove cover, stir the mixture to mix the surface oil into the body of cooked pasta.
- If the pasta isn't quite cooked through add a small quantity of water, stir in, replace cover and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- For first stage
- 450g skinless boneless chicken
- 2tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 350ml water
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- For second stage
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- For third stage
- 500g orzo
- Chopping board
- Large oven-proof casserole dish
- Lid for dish, or kitchen foil
Some of the photos show the dish being made for 2 people with half quantities
- Serving size: 482g
- (30% / 37%) Calories: 746kcal
- (29%)Total fat: 16g
- (15%) Saturated fat: 3g
- (34%) Unsaturated fat: 12g
- (32%) Cholesterol: 97mg
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- (38%)Total carbohydrates: 113g
- (20%) Sugars: 6g
- (72%) Fibre: 18g
- (86%)Protein: 43g
- (59%) Sodium: 1.2g
- (33%) Potassium: 1.2g